In your daughter’s life there are at least three moments that she will want to remember forever…her coming of age, her wedding day and her child’s birth…her sixteenth birthday is the first one. There are so many ways to preserve those memories from the simple traditional way to the new and hip more “futuristic” way. Here is a list of many ideas you can use to save those moments forever:
Memories for Your 16 Year Old Daughter:
1. CD with all photos leading up to the party and throughout the party.
Click Away with your camera…whether it is film or digital almost every local photo store will put these on a CD for you. It’s usually just a few dollars per CD and the more you buy the better price. Or you can make one CD and copy others at your home computer.If you know how to make a CD on your computer, you’re already ahead of the game. Copy your photos to your computer and make the CD (lots of CD’s can be purchased for a minimal price). You can personalize the CDs with the help of many websites.
2. Create a website with photos for your daughter and friends and family to view with just a click of the button. This also saves the birthday pictures in a file online.
Once again have your digital photos ready (if film, your local photo shop can put them on a CD for you)Websites can be created through your email account for most providers. There will be step by step instructions as to how to post the pictures. Your daughter will be able to email her friends and family the website and there will be all the photos from her party.
3. A Photo Frame is an excellent memory for your daughter. Guests can write their special wishes for your daughter on the borders.
If you have a favorite picture of your daughter…or she has a favorite picture of herself, print it to a 5×7 (the best size, not too big, not too small). If you’d like to do a young picture of her and then the 16 year old picture, that’s a great idea too. Put this in a frame for a 5×7 but have a wide matte. The frame may end up as an 8×10 or a 10×14 size.
Purchase a frame that has a Matte as the border that is at least 3 or 4 inches around. Most frame/art stores will have a frame for you. Choose a nice one that your daughter will want to hang on her wall. The art store will have some ideas of what kind of pen to choose to write on the photo matte. When you have the party, put the framed picture (without the glass) in a place that guests can easily view and sign. After the party is done, put the glass into the frame and your daughter has a lovely memory with special thoughts written down from her friends and family.
4. Digital Frame as a gift for your daughter is another great idea. When you take your photos in to get developed you can have them put on a CD. Most digital frames will tell you what format you need to put the pictures on the frame. You will probably need to buy a flash drive/thumb drive/memory stick (many names for the same amazing invention!). The pictures are put on the memory stick, inserted into the frame and now your daughter will have one frame with all the pictures as a slide show from her party.
5. A Photo Book is yet another wonderful way to put together the photos from the birthday party It is like a coffee table book…instead of putting hard copies of the photos in a book; you will once again go online and upload your pictures to a site (i.e. you can look up photo books online to find a website. The website will give you templates and ideas for a book and guide you through the whole process. My family members and friends were so thrilled to receive one of these when I made them, well worth the effort and the pictures stay forever in a beautiful book. You can type in captions for the photos and do all sorts of really neat things.
6. Buy Your Daughter a Star. This is something very simple but very cool. If you go online and type in “buy a star” you’ll see sites that you can buy and name a star after your daughter. Depending on which site you choose, they will send a certificate and star map to show where it is in the sparkling sky!
These ideas are just a handful of wonderful memory makers available.